PADI Advanced Open Water Navigation Dive Training
Dive site: Pereybere Aquarium
This time we went down and broke out the compasses and navigated a big square over the reef.
The training exercise went smoothly and we had plenty of time to enjoy the ecosystem. So many fish!
|date | 08.10.2021
|max depth | 11.28m
|dive time | 40min
|min temp | 23°C
|location | Pereybere, Mauritius
- Outfit: Crystal Divers Mauritius
- Instructor: Chris
- No GoPro this day
- There will be footage of the dive site in a later post when we came back with GoPro.
- The Termo Premium Dir Tech Diver
Compass was uncomfortable on the
wrist but worked well when hooked it up as a leash.
- Still not sure in which use case we would actually use these navigation skills. Seems while traveling we’ll always be diving with a guide.
- It was surprisingly hard to count kick cycles. Trying to remain calm and maintain boyancy I lost count.
- Near end of this dive I observed our instructors deploying a Surface Marker Buoy, SMB.
We didn’t really cover it in our open water course so I’d like to get more experence with them.